Compact radio made of
ivory coloured polystyrene with three transparent plastic knobs.
Because of the large dial, the loudspeaker had to move
to the rear of the receiver. A perforated gold coloured
metal sheet is visible behind the scale. Behind the station
names, this sheet is painted black for better visibility.
A scale lamp illuminates the Radialva logo and the
In order to make these radios work on 220/230
volts, special plugs were made with a built-in wire-wound
Medium wave (190-580
meters), long wave (1000-2000 meters), short wave (17-51
meters) and an extra spread 50 meter band (46-51
Many French radios in
that period had a continental and a colonial
version for the French overseas colonies. In these
models the long wave band was replaced by an extra short
The first models were
introduced in 1951. In the 1953 model, a ferroceptor was
added in an area below the chassis.