In dark brown Bakelite cabinet with
The controls are on the sides. On the
left side is the power switch with volume control; on
the right side the tuning knob and wavelength switch.
This radio was made in the
Philips-Valvo factory in Aachen, Germany. The Philips
203U was the first radio in
the Philetta series.
is the second version of this model with 17 ventilation
holes in the top of the cabinet. Older models have no
holes; Later models
The radio was delivered to the German Heereswaffenamt (Wa.A.) (Army
Weapons Agency) in
text "Heereseigentum" (property of the army) is melted
in the bottom of the cabinet.On the
chassis this text is also stamped twice.In addition, a stamp with the text "Wa.A.
858" and an eagle with swastika.858 Is a Wa.A. inspection
designation Wa.A.858 with eagle is also
stamped in the metal back panel of the radio.
With medium wave (192-575 meters) and
long wave (708-1910 meters). The intermediate
frequency is 452 kHz.
The scale is illuminated from above
by a small neon bulb (Z10). The loudspeaker is a Philips
An antenna can be connected at the
back. The metal back panel also serves as a plate antenna.